The Sixth Grade at St. Adalbert School in Elm Park, Staten Island is involved in the Trout in the Classroom Program. They have been raising trout since October!
- raised trout from eggs to fingerlings
- monitor tank water quality
- engage in stream habitat study
- appreciate water resources
- foster a conservation ethic. Become Stewards of God’s creation
- nderstand ecosystem connectivity
They say, “We love taking care of our trout! They are getting so big.” The Trout Release date to the Ward Pound Ridge watershed is on April 20th!